One-third of the American diet calories are from junk foods, sweets, alcoholic beverages and salty snacks. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, soft drinks and other junk foods are considered, “empty calories”. “Empty calories”, high in calories but have no nutritional value. These foods have no nutritional value but satisfy your hunger cravings and become an eating way of life. A no nutritional diet contributes or encourages obesity, diabetes and chronic illnesses.
To compound “empty calories” foods have toxins. To increase food production and food appearances antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, processed, artificial coloring and toxins are added in plants and animals. These toxins positively increased food production and appearances but have negative health effects on humans.
The Paleo Diet is gluten, dairy, soy and preservative free. Diet consists: lean meat, poultry, fish, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, eggs, nuts, seeds, herbs and natural food enhancers. Excluded are: wheat, legumes, dairy, soy and processed foods. The Paleo Diet called the Caveman Diet because the diet of the Caveman or Paleolithic Diet. The Paleolithic Diet is before agriculture and cooking. Needless to say the Caveman’s diet did not consist of processed or scientific induced toxin foods. There is scientific evidence showing that the Caveman were healthy and lean. I personally, cannot understand how that can be proven. What I rely on is modern evidence of how the different foods in the Paleo Diet are nutritionally beneficial. Review nutrition values of fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts.
Fruits and Vegetables
– Fruits and vegetable low fat food.
– Low Fats vegetables and fruits are unsaturated fats unsaturated fats tend to be liquid at room temperature and lower cholesterol levels. Cholesterol and triglyceride (fats in the blood levels) dropped with high consumption of vegetables and fruits.
Eating predominantly fruits and vegetables is a plant based diet. Fruits and vegetable have unsaturated fats (good fats)
– Beta carotene one group of red, yellow or orange pigments found in fruits and vegetables. Beta carotene called carotenoid are vitamin A. Beta-carotene is associated with lowered risk of heart disease, hardening of arteries, and certain cancers.
– Leafy greens are also rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C necessary for growth, normal development and tissue repair. Vitamin C antioxidant nutrients that fight cell damage caused by free radicals.
– Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
– Fruits and Vegetables have a high level of water. Vegetables are fat-free and low in calories. The nutrients in vegetables boost energy production within the muscle cells. Consuming high levels of vegetables is a healthy way to lose weight and increased energy levels.
– Vegetables are low in sodium meaning less water retention.
– Fruits and vegetables low carbohydrate foods (low in sugar and starches).
Benefits of Raw Fruits and Vegetables
Food cooked above approximately 116 degrees F destroys food enzymes. The pancreas produces digestive enzymes. Cooked food can over work the pancreas demand for production of digestive enzymes. Conversely raw plants naturally have digestive enzymes. Enzymes aids in the digestion and absorption of foods in the body’s digestion system. Cooking foods reduces the nutritional value of food and kills foods enzymes.
Nuts (non processed)
- Nuts are cholesterol free and eating one ounce per day reduces the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Some studies suggest 4-5 servings per day may help lower blood pressure. Nuts and seeds are a great snacks and are packed with calcium.
Take control of your health. Nutrition and taste Paleo Diet Recipes.All medical information needs to be carefully reviewed with your health care provider. The tips on this site should not replace advice from your physician. Always check your physician before making any changes to your daily habits.